Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Javascript or Flash?

I am a huge fan of codeacademy.com

They have a detailed, professional course design that really focuses on people new to the programming world. I started out there with the html/css courses when I started college and it really helped me gain an advantadge over my classmates. The only downfall was that during group projects I was the one doing the work. Besides, how do you evenly distribute the workload of designing and creating a website, especially one being created by novices?

I really enjoyed the majority of the courses, but there were a few spots when I simply didn't know what to do. After rummaging through the internet I eventually found my answers, but sometimes that is what it takes when you are learning a new language.

I have returned to the website with the anticipation of learning some real programming languages, such as Java and Flash. Codeacademy does not provide lessons for these two specific languages, but they do have a course for Javascript.

Now, this is my question. Should I start on Flash or Java? If there are any professionals out there who have learned from experience which one is betterm I would greatly appreciate some insight. I am one of those people who has to focus on one language at a time, mainly because I will start to combine the codes and bug my project up.

Have a great day!

- John

http://www.codecademy.com/#!/exercises/0

No comments:

Post a Comment