Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Typefaces!

Good Morning Internet!

I am now typing in a new font, a much better one than the horrific default typeface. I have recently been learning about typefaces and how different ones are used for different situations. Here is a simple lesson:

Serif: This typeface has little curves and details at the end of most letters. Popular for long paragraphs of text due to the flowing nature of the curves.

Sans-Serif: A typeface that has straight lines that create a cleaner text that stands out. This typeface is used mostly on computers due to use of pixels and how the text fits perfectly in them.

Monospace: A very popular typeface for those coding because of the highly structured style of the letters. Each letter has a specific height and most heights are similar, at least among lower cased letters and upper cased ones. There is much more space between the letters (so if you are typing up a research paper, see if you can use this type of font, your paper will fill up those ten pages much more quickly (: ).

I am in love with the Arial typeface, mainly because it resembles my actual hand writing the most. When I am writing I don't produce those fancy stroke marks at the end of my letters, I create very distinguishable letters that are consistently the same size. I'm sure most people are the same way too, especially women and their large bubbly letters. I also think that this Sans-Serif typeface has mainly existed due to the creation of screens. It seems that people of my generation write very differently from our parents. Maybe this could be the cause of so much exposure to Sans-Serif typefaces, or it could simply be an age thing.

Brooks and I are still waiting for our web hosting to be activated so we can get working on that website! We are very excited and we have big plans ahead. My college semester is coming to a close, meaning that I will have all summer to work on these projects. This will be a fun. productive summer.

--------------------------
John from Belliavis

No comments:

Post a Comment