Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Video Games and Life

Brooks and I are very much fans of the Battlefield series. We both have Battlefield 3 on the Xbox360 while I have it on my PC too. My first encounter with this excellent franchise was way back when I was younger and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was out. I had this game on my PS2, the slim one with the Ethernet plug in the back. I didn't have my own TV at the time and our broadband router was way to far away to run a cable from it to the TV. So I had found a small portable DVD set, the ones that you put in the back of a car to keep the kids quiet. It was a mess of cables and wires, but I had it set up right next to the broadband router and for many, many months I would sit on the floor with the 8 inch screen in my lap and tear it up on multiplayer. This was most likely the catalyst that turned me into the hardcore mutliplayer fan I am now. Brooks and I also both tried out Battlefield 2142 on our MacBooks... That didn't work so well. Those computers just couldn't handle those graphics quite yet and we were getting close to 10 FPS constantly. I then picked up the classic Battlefield 2 at some yard sale and threw that on my PC, played it for a while, then bought Battlefield 3 Premium.

I've had so many good memories playing this game, met some cool people in the process, and also exposed myself to the competitive side in me. Now I'm in college, and this competitive edge I have helps me succeed in my classes, work harder to show off my classmates, and all around set myself up for a good job. I can easily say that video games have helped me prepare myself for the future.

*so cliche ;)

Have a good day guys!

- John

No comments:

Post a Comment