Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Rainy Days

This is our first blog post that we've made on a rainy day. I feel that it's worth documenting. ANYWAYS...

Finishing up the last week of my sopohmore year of college, throwing together all my projects, assignments, essays, and whatever it may be that I am forgetting... Free time is about to be a major part of my life. Besides having a job, there isn't much you can do in the city, so you must think of other things to do. From what I've noticed over the past year, these are the most popular past-times done by people my age.

  • Complain about the weather
  • Go to the harbor
  • Eat Sushi
  • Look for apartments
  • Look for jobs
  • Get drunk

I have highlighted one's I religiously follow, more so by force of habit rather than actual desire.

The only thing that I have been able to really get a jump on has been our gaming community. Where there is a campus, there are nerds. Where there are nerds, there are ones who are obsessed by video games. And where there are nerds that are obsessed by video games, there are LAN parties. Brooks and I have hosted a few LAN parties back in the country, but due to the lack of population, it is hard to generate a constant group. I have started gathering a group of people I have met who would like to participate in one of these wonderfully wonderful experiences.

If anybody has any recommendations on games that would be fun to play with a large group of people on seperate computers, let us know and we may record this for you!

Go frolic in the rain

- John

No comments:

Post a Comment